Environmental Science Consulting Services
SJB Group, LLC, was selected by the Louisiana Office of Coastal Protection and Restoration (OCPR) to provide Environmental Science Consulting Services. SJB as the prime contractor, point of contact, and staffing manager, will administer and manage all projects assigned by OCPR.
As the scope of this project demands a comprehensive and highly specialized group of scientists and planners, SJB put together a unique group consisting of Coastal Engineering Consultants, Inc., Michael Baker, Jr., Inc., and R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc.
The team’s environmental science services will supplement OCPR capabilities relative to the coastal restoration program and will enhance the efficiency and responsiveness of the OCPR to the State’s coastal protection and restoration needs.
Services to be provided by SJB and its team members are:
- Environmental Studies and Reports
- Natural Resources Socioeconomics
- Water Resources Planning, and Project Management
- Environmental Surveys
- Data Analysis and Management
- Environmental Modeling
- Cultural Resource Investigation
- Expert Opinion
These services will be utilized to produce high-quality deliverables associated with the execution and expansion of the restoration program and its goals.
An example of the first project assigned to the team under this award is:
- Ecosystem Restoration Project Planning using the USACE’s six-step planning process.
Terrebonne Basin Barrier Shoreline
Restoration Project Feasibility Report and
Environmental Impact Study
Tasks performed under this project include:
- Plan Formulation
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis (CE/ICA)
- Project Risk Analyses
- Cost Estimating
- Environmental Impact Study
- Feasibility Report
- Biological Assessment
- HTRW Study
- Real Estate Plan
- Water Quality Report
- Coastal Zone Consistency Report
- Conceptual Ecological Modeling Report